Filter & Filter Testing - Filters - Carbon Filters
Carbon filters are one of three main classes air filtration products that can be economically supplied and professionally installed by LAF Technologies. The other two main classes of air filtration products include HEPA & ULPA Filters and Pre-Filters.
Whilst the main filtration medium is activated carbon these filters can be impregnated with other materials to be effective in specific applications. As a guide to the versatility of these filters, the following list details some of the most commonly used impregnated active carbon filters available for fume cabinets:
- UB10000 This filter the most widely used. It is specific to solvent fume removal and will remove from the airflow the majority of aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons, solvent, organic acids, esters, ethers, ketons, halogens nitrogen compounds and odours
- UB20000 The impregnation of this filter is made with an oxidising agent that will oxidise the formaldehyde and glutaraldehyde fumes. Main applications are for pathology and endoscopy laboratories
- UB30000 Copper compounds are the impregnating agent for B300 filters. This allows a high efficiency in removing ammonia vapours and low molecular weight ammines from dilute solutions
- UB40000 For the efficient removal of odours due to excreta, urine and other alkalike materials
- UB50000 This filter is impregnated with alkali that will neutralise volatile vapours from inorganic acids. Most used for hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid vapours as well as for gasses from sulphur and nitrogen dioxides
- UB60000 The impregnation of this filter is essentially potassium iodide to maximise the removal efficiency of hydrogen sulphite and mercaptans
- UB70000 A filter specific for acid type odours typical for human and animal smells caused by bacterial activity. The most important applications are for cadaverine, putrescine and other acid odours
- UB80000 A customised multi-layer filter that can be made of several layers from those listed above
- UB90000 This filter package includes a HEPA filter with 99.999% efficiency on 0.3-micron particles
- HEPA filter with 99.999% efficiency on 0.3 micron particles
- UBR000 Impregnated with halide salts for removal ov iodine and methyl iodide. Used for iodination reactions with low level radioactive iodine
- URB FILTRETE® Electrostatic prefilter with efficiency of 99% for particles between 0.5 and 2 microns.