UV-BOX Table Top Germicidal
UV-BOX table top by Light Progress Europe is among the few items on the market to offer an extremely quick and truly effective way to safely disinfect objects, tools and equipment. Great things come in small in packages. This small yet very powerful disinfection chamber has a stainless steel structure and is equipped with a flat stainless steel internal perforated tray. Items requiring surface disinfection are simply placed on the tray. UV-BOX works by treating the surface of the item with a high dosage rate of UV-C light at the prescribed wavelength of 253.7 nanometres. Inside the BOX is equipped with two opposing 40 Watt Ultra Violet Germicidal Irradiating lamps and highly polished reflective surfaces. The direct and reflective Ultra Violet Rays provide a high level of disinfection, up to 99.99% within a very short exposure time (seconds)..
Germicidal Ultraviolet irradiation has a proven, strong germicidal effect against micro-organisms (moulds, bacteria, and viruses). In little time the disinfection level of UV-BOX can achieve a reduction of over 99.9% on live bacteria strains such as Bacillus, Coli, Clostridium, Legionella, Vibrio, Salmonella, Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus etc. A higher level of disinfection can be achieved depending on surfaces and extended cycle times selected by the operator.
Traditional disinfection methods
Traditional disinfection requires the use of chemicals to wipe the surface of the object. This is often not sufficient to ensure high levels of hygiene. UV-BOX provides a proven method of disinfection that has been independently tested and validated. With UVC technology there are no nasty chemicals involved, providing a healthier environment for all.
Operation of UV-BOX table top
Safe and simple to operate. Place the potentially contaminated item within, close the lid, set the digital timer and push “start”. The steel door is equipped with a transparent anti UV polycarbonate insignia allowing visual indication on the state of operation. Whenever the door is closed the UV lamps activate and start the disinfection cycle. If the door is opened during the cycle, sensors will automatically deactivate the UV lamps to ensure the safety of personnel. The lamps will reactivate once the doors are closed again. The irradiation time can be adjusted. Typical cycle times are under 180 seconds.
The use of UVC light in the 253.7 nanometres wavelength means there is no Ozone produced. This is particularly important and must be taken into consideration when purchasing UVC equipment as Ozone is hazardous to humans.
UV-BOX can be used for germicidal disinfection of objects, tools and equipment for many industries including healthcare, laboratories, food-beverage, hospitality, retail shops, hotels, offices, education, travel, beauty, just about anywhere…
- Face masks & PPE equipment
- Laboratory equipment
- Power and hand tools
- Trays, containers
- Keys, access cards, tags
- Headsets, jewellery
- Beauty care equipment
- Other, shared items . . .
PHYSICAL ACTION AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION.
- Treatment by UV-C rays is purely physical without the use of any chemicals.
- Results are consistent as microorganisms do not develop resistant to UV light.
- No residual effects, therefore, no long-term contamination.
- Ultraviolet rays are confined to within the box. Objects can be disinfected whilst the UV-BOX door is closed.
- The transparent anti UV polycarbonate insignia window allows for visual monitoring of the treatment progress.
- UV lamps automatically switch off if the door is opened during the cycle.
EASE OF USE
- Simple on/off switch and a timer to program the duration of the irradiation and of the pause interval between two subsequent working periods.
- The irradiation time can be adjusted from 1 second to 500 hours.
PRACTICABILITY AND SAVINGS.
- The treatment is immediate and ready for use. The maintenance is minimal with low costs of both energy consumption and maintenance.
- Allows for objects of a variety of size to be treated.
- Light Progress UV-C selective lamp (emission peak 253.7 nm.) high output, ozone free, very pure quartz.
- AISI 304 stainless steel body- Anti-UV protection in LEXAN ®.
- Digital timer
- Safety switch to turn off the lamps at opening of access door
- All materials are tested to resist the intense UV-C rays.
- Power supply with electronic ballast specific for UV-C Light Progress ray lamps
- CE marking (LVD – EMC – MD – RoHS).
|LAMP LIFETIME (h)*||≤ 18.000|
|RECOMMENDED REPLACEMENT||(Maximum Every 2 Years)|
|TOTAL CONSUMPTION (W)||80|
|EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS HxLxP (mm)||129 x 509 x 275|
|INTERNAL DIMENSIONS HXLXP (MM)||89 x 469 x 213|
|PROTECTION RATING||IP 20|
|REPLACEMENT LAMP||n°2 CHS-40WH|