Grimm SMPS+E Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer
GRIMM has developed the SMPS+E system as a counter and sizer for nanoparticles in the size range of 0.8 nm to 1094 nm in a wide range of concentrations (100 to 108 particles/cm³).
The SMPS+E system includes:
- The fast and low noise Faraday Cup Electrometer (FCE – GRIMM model 5705)
- The high performance Differential Mobility Analyser (DMA)
- The DMA controller (model 5706) to control DMA voltages, electrical settings of the FCE, and air flows.
GRIMM’s unique design of the FCE avoids internal contamination virtually completely by using rinsing air around the isolation of the Faraday Cup. other electrometers often degrade in their performance because particles that settle on the isolation cause eventually small leak currents. As a consequence, other electrometers require periodic cleaning and verification. Futhermore, the instrument was designed t minimize the effects of mechanical shocks and pressure variation for the use as a reliable reference for the calibration of nano particle counters.
- Counts and sizes particles from 0.8 to 1094 nm
- Sampling with up to 16 Hz
- Very low noise level
- Rinse air flow for fastest response time
- Three different DMAs available for maximum flexibility
- Compact and rugged
- Operates without any consumables
- Fully automated use with our software
- Three analog inputs
- Self-test upon start-up assures highest reliability
- Fundamental aerosol research
- Studies on atmospheric nucleation
- Size distributions of airborne ion clusters
- Macromolecule studies
- Nanotechnology process monitoring
- Combustion studies
- Official reference for calibration of CPCs