Laftech Bio-Cabinets supply quality laboratory equipment and products throughout Australia. CARON Photostability Chambers complement our range of contamination control, fume extraction, forensic and other laboratory equipment and consumables.
More than ever before, companies are recognizing the need to assess the impact of UV and visible light on drugs and other FDA-regulated substances. Caron’s next-generation 7540-Series Q1B Photostability Chamber combines the preferred ICH Option II test method with unrivalled time to exposure.
You need the same conditions for all your samples, regardless of where they are in the chamber.
- Only the right hardware can deliver uniform lighting conditions.
- Densely spaced bulbs, highly reflective specular aluminium panels, and precise light sensors create a work area with tight uniformity, 10-15% VIS nearly edge to edge.
- Precisely meets ICH requirements every time; no overexposure like Xenon-powered Option I units.
- Speed without risk – built-in tight ±2.5°C temperature uniformity with lights on prevents thermal effects from skewing test results.
- Simple touchscreen programming, with bold set point displays, and easy-to-navigate menus.
LAF Technologies Pty Ltd is the exclusive Australian distributor and service agents for Caron environmental chambers and incubator products.
- Independent control of near UV and cool white VIS lamps are provided to eliminate over exposure for confirmatory tests and provide flexibility for forced degradation studies
- In “Automatic” mode, lights turn off at the end of a programmed exposure or timed test
- “Manual” mode allows a flexible test time duration and makes validating the chambers easy
- Dimmable lamps (230V models) allow testing at specific light intensity levels
- Programmable alarms notify the user when aging lamps should be replaced
- Specular aluminum reflective surfaces provide uniform UVA & VIS light reflection and maintain proper SPD (spectral power distribution)
- Stainless steel interior construction provides a smooth, non-porous surface for easy maintenance
- Two light detectors (one VIS and one UVA) with an integral radiometer are standard and provide precise and accurate light intensity measurements. Light detectors are both cosine corrected and calibrated to NIST traceable standards
- Precise temperature control is provided through use of a PID controller
- Humidity controlled units (Models 6545-1, 6545-2 & 6545-3) isolate the effects of hydration during photostability testing
- Shelves slide out for quick and easy loading and unloading of samples
- Strategic lamp spacing provides enhanced light uniformity. Overhead lighting results in a large illumination area for maximised direct lighting
- Door safety switch turns lights off when the door is opened. The lockable door prevents additional disturbance of in-process tests
- Two access ports (one per shelf) are standard.
Main Screen Display
- Performance is managed through an eye level, icon-based, color, touch-screen interface for user convenience
- The easy-to-use controls are written in multiple languages (English, Spanish, German and French)
- Temperature, humidity, and light meters can be quickly programmed. Test results are easy to interpret
- Pullout, removable light banks allow for quick bulb replacement without the use of tools
- Modular refrigeration system and front access, slide-out electrical chassis are easy to service.
Units contain off-the-shelf components that are readily available.