AFC 133 – Cleanable Filter Media Test System
For characterisation of cleanable filter media Topas developed the Filter Media Test Rig AFC 133, which is designed for measurements regarding standards ISO 11057 and VDI 3926.
Reliable, reproducible testing of filter media is important for the development and optimization of filter media, as well as for quality assurance during the production process. Filter materials for dust filters for gases are characterized by a reference test method according to the ISO 11057. Under standardized test conditions and test procedures both the performance during operation and the particulate emissions of the filter media are determined in order to obtain information about the operation and separation behavior during practical use.
The most interesting features for the characterization of filter media are:
- differential pressure behavior during the dust loading
- the gravimetric separation efficiency
- the fractional filtration separation efficiency
- the loading capacity of the filter
- the cyclic behavior at aging of the filter
With Filter Media Test Stand AFC 133 there may be tested also other dust filter media on basis of existing international standards such as EN 779 and ISO 11155 / DIN 71460-1.
Due to its compact and lightweight design this test rig can be used in the laboratory. Only single-phase mains power and compressed air are needed to run filter tests. The Windows based Topas control software is running on standard PCs and delivers a trackable documentation.
- Flexible design facilitates modification and future extension
- Long-term stable dosage and dispersion of test dust Pural NF
- Test rig is fully computer controlled by user-friendly PAFWin software
- Wide variety of test aerosols possible (atmospheric, dust or droplets)
- Combination of Topas instruments ensures best performance at optimum price
- Dust loading tests ISO 11057, VDI 3926 exemplary embodiment
- Small scale filter tests along the general lines of other standards possible
- Development and optimization of filter media
- Quality assurance
|AFC 133 - Cleanable Filter Media Test System
|10…2500 Pa ±2%
|Free cross section
|154 cm² (Ø140 mm)
|Temperature, relative humidity, atmospheric pressure
|Optical particle size measuring device
|Aerosolspectrometer LAP 322, 0.2…40µm (<104Particles/cm³)
|Test aerosols generators
|Dusts: Dust Generator SAG 410, Droplets: Aerosol Generator ATM
|2000 mm x 1200 mm x 2200 mm
|Approx. 300 kg