Baker Ruskinn’s SCI-tive range of advanced hypoxia workstations is perfectly suited for cell culture under physiological oxygen, helping to yield better stem cell lines by eliminating cellular stress linked to variations in temperature, pH and oxidation.
SCI-tive’s closed cell culture environment mimics in vivo conditions with precise, user-defined controls, allowing you study even the most complex cell interactions, under mimicked physiological oxygen conditions. Its spacious interior provides a continuous, controlled-oxygen environment, from seeding through expansion, assay and harvest, and easily accommodates a variety of analytical equipment such as cell imaging systems, inverted microscopes, plate readers, cell based assay platforms, bioenergetics instrumentation, centrifuges, bioprinters and so on. There is ample space on the work tray for cell manipulation and cell culture. All SCI-tive models have three internal power sockets and a universal multi-cable gland that can accept up to 6 different power cables through the side panel. No more working on an open bench.
The SCI-tive Dual workstation provides the same innovative features and benefits as the SCI-tive, except there are two chambers with individually controlled atmospheres. The left-hand chamber is identical to the single SCI-tive chamber discussed on the previous pages, but the right-hand chamber varies depending on the specific model. Additionally the stand (and gas tight waste port) are standard on all of the SCI-tive Dual models. The right-hand chamber of the Asymmetrical Dual is built to accommodate larger inverted and atomic force microscopes.
CONVENIENT & COMFORTABLE TO USE The SCI-tive physiological oxygen workstation is specifically suited for cell and translational research work with complex incubations and manipulations being performed under the most ideal physiological and hypoxic conditions.
The SCI-tive Dual Features:
Touchscreen Control Mimic Physiology:
- O2 control – from 0.1% to 23.0% in 0.1% increments(can be 0.0% with anoxic accessory).
- CO2 control – from 0.1% to 30.0% in 0.1% increments
- Temperature control – from7 °C above ambient to 45.0°C in 0.1° C increments
- Ultrasonic Humidity control (from ambient to 85% RH)
- Data log (one data set per minute, each set comprises: time, date, O2 (set/actual), CO2 (set/actual) humidity, temperature.
- Alarm settings – Light control (on/off, dimming function)*
- Quick and Easy Direct Hand Access with our new Ezeeyin Glove Ports offering a choice of entry methods to suit your experiments: from 5 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Read plates easily without O2 exposure – energy- saving LED lighting for perfect illumination.
- Automatic and easy-to-access controls.
- Advanced integrated gas mixing system with touch screen simplifies calibration process, provides rapid equilibration, and facilitates the download of data.
- Cycle programming allows a user-defined timed sequence of up to 4 different O2 and CO2 concentrations.
- Removable front cover – allows easy access for cleaning or placing instrumentation into the unit
- Three electrical power sockets within the work area.
- Optional HEPA filtration system providing a constant Class 4 HEPA filtered atmosphere within the work area to protect research from contaminants.
- Optional enhanced containment package provides added protection for user.
- Specially designed culture racks with light protective compartments as an option for individual T 75 or T 125 flasks.