Insect Growth Chambers
LAF Technologies supply quality laboratory equipment and products throughout Australasia. The CARON insect growth chambers complement our range of contamination control, fume extraction, forensic and other laboratory products.
Caron’s full line of Insect Growth Chambers provide a unique, high volume solution for a wide variety of entomological studies. The Insect Growth Chambers offer reliable results for insect rearing experts in numerous fields and disciplines.
Many standard features are incorporated in the design to specifically support insect rearing in an environmental chamber. Because most insect growth studies, such as the rearing of the fruit fly, create acidic secretions, Caron’s Insect Growth Chambers come standard with phenolic coated coils, protecting interior components and contributing to a long operating life.
Model 6025 – the 25 cu. ft. comes standard on heavy-duty casters and is designed to roll through a standard three foot doorway without modification, making installation and relocation easy.
Model 6045 – the 33 cu. ft. (934 litre) It comes standard on heavy-duty swivel casters for easy relocation and is designed for applications demanding large capacity. This unit boasts 33 cu. ft. of high volume testing capacity, giving you 30% more interior space than the Model 6025 in the same small footprint.
LAF Technologies are the exclusive Australian distributors for the Caron range of precision laboratory products.
- A wide temperature range of 5°C to 70°C, combined with a humidity range of 20% to 98% RH, offers you the flexibility to simulate real-world environmental conditions.
- Phenolic-coated refrigeration coils resist the corrosive effects of acids inherent in the rearing of insects, such as drosophila.
- Specialized gROD, refrigeration on demand, control system efficiently manages power consumption and saves electricity, contributing to lower utility bills.
- Innovative gVapor, a steam-free humidity system, delivers controlled humidity without wasting energy or generating heat and supports lower production costs.
- The unique design includes “tool-less” reconfiguration of interior components. It allows you to change the interior arrangements to adjust the unit to your specific needs.
- The carefully designed horizontal airflow system generates evenly distributed airflow across all shelf locations. Temperature uniformity and rapid recovery are maintained even under heavy loads.
- The 25 cu. ft. model includes factory-installed, heavy duty lockable casters and the 10 cu. ft. units come standard on leveling feet. In addition, both units are designed to fit through a standard 34″ x 80″ doorway without modification. These features make installation and relocation easy.
- The stainless steel interior chamber and shelving are easily cleaned and highly resistant to corrosion.
- The ergonomically designed door handle allows easy access into the chamber and contributes to workplace efficiency.
- Access ports provide easy access to connect instrumentation.
- Optional gLux™ high level Fluorescent Lighting System includes a cycle timer to simulate diurnal conditions for day/night studies. Light banks are independently controlled for versatile incubator layout. Lights illuminate the shelf from above and are adjustable in height.
- An optional low level LED Lighting System simulates diurnal (day/night) studies. The low profile, side mounted lighting system allows full utilization of the chamber interior and complete access to the sliding shelves.
Units contain off-the-shelf components that are readily available.