While there are plenty of low cost dust monitors on the market, many of these are limited to single PM fraction measurements, have limited particle size ranges, have a limited aerosol concentration range and or lack many other features some of the serious upper market dust monitors have. An example of this would be the Grimm 11E, 11R and related Grimm models where they offer features and performance beyond the capabilities of conventional real-time dust monitors.
- PM1, PM2.5 & PM10 real-time particle mass measurements (simultaneously)
- 0.25um to 35um wide particle size range (the widest range on the market)
- 0.0001 (0.1ug/m3) to 100 mg/m3 mass concentration range
- Measurements down to 0.1ug/m3 versus 1ug/m3 on many other dust instruments
- 31 simultaneous high resolution particle size channels for dust size distribution
- Bluetooth communications
- SD card & USB flash drive data storage for almost unlimited data collection
- USB interface, Ethernet interface, RS232 & Bluetooth communications
- 12 volt battery and connection for easy integration into field based monitoring stations
- Fully compliant with the latest PM10 (EN12341) and PM2.5 (EN14907), the US EPA, the Russian GOST and the Chinese requirements.
- Small, portable, rugged, battery powered and fully remote controllable via Bluetooth
- Integrated, removable 47 mm PTFE filter for subsequent gravimetrical and chemical analysis (dual technology)
- Self-test at each start-up
- Advanced sheath air system for protecting the optics and preventing against fouling
So, if you are looking for a serious, German made, high performance, research grade dust / particle monitoring instrument then give some thought to investing in a professional Grimm Aerosol Technik precision spectrometer. For often not much more than some of these other monitors on the market, you can end up with a serious research grade particle monitoring instrument. Some of our clients even use these as their reference instruments in which they compare their other dust monitors against. For more into, click HERE